AudioChatGUI question

Bob Arning squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed Oct 16 18:50:20 UTC 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:29:57 -0400 <peter.gadzinski at bellnexxia.net> =
wrote:
><peter.gadzinski at bellnexxia.net> wrote:
>> >    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the right =
sound speed.=20
>>=20
>> Well, as a simple test, have you tried recording and playing back =
using the RecordingControlsMorph? Does it stay in sync?
>>=20
>> Cheers,
>> Bob
>>=20
>
>    Yes, I did try this as well. I recorded and played a message using =
the RecordingControlMorph. The result was that the speeds were matched =
properly.=20

>    I noticed that within AudioChatGUI the sound was =
compressed/decompressed which may be the source of the problem.

Probably the place to look is

			ratio _ aSampledSound originalSamplingRate // self =
samplingRateForTransmission.

in AudioChatGUI>>sendOneOfMany: this assumes that aSampledSound =
originalSamplingRate is an integer multiple of self =
samplingRateForTransmission. If that's not the case, then odd stuff =
could happen.

Cheers,
Bob