Career in Squeak

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Oct 17 08:25:29 UTC 2002

This may be a good time to advertise PhD and post-doc positions at
Simula Research Laboratory in Oslo Norway.  My apologies to those who
may have already seen these positions advertised via other email lists.

I must stress that this project is NOT about Squeak.  That said, I have
been using Squeak for initial prototyping, and a motivated person could
make the argument to continue using Squeak as the reference
implementation of our architecture.  I'll certainly post more to the
list when we have code to share.

          POSTDOCTORAL and PHD SCHOLARSHIPS

 COMPONENT ARCHITECTURE SUPPORT FOR QOS MANAGEMENT

Applications are invited for postdoctoral and PhD positions in the QuA
project (http://www.simula.no:8888/QuA).  The project is a collaboration
between the Simula Research Laboratory, Communication Technology
Department at Fornebu Research Park in Oslo (www.simula.no), SINTEF
Telecom and Informatics in Oslo (www.informatics.sintef.no), and the
Department of Informatics, University of Troms? (www.cs.uit.no).

The post doc position and two PhD scholarships are located at Simula
Research Laboratory. A third and a fourth PhD scholarship is located at
SINTEF and University of Troms? respectively.

The postdoctoral position is for two years. Candidates should have a
Ph.D. in computer science or a related discipline, and have a strong
background in distributed systems. Some published results in middleware
systems research or quality of service management is also required.

The PhD scholarships are for 3 or 4 years. Applicants should have a
masters degree in computer science or equivalent. A background in
distributed systems will be beneficial.

Applications including a curriculum vitae, copies of relevant
certificates, and names and addresses of three references, should be
sent to the address below.  To speed up processing, applicants
themselves may ask their references to mail recommendation letters to
the same address. Applicants for PhD scholarsip must inform which of the
locations (Simula, Troms?, or SINTEF) they are applying for.

Application deadline is Nov 1, 2002.

For further information, please contact

Professor Frank Eliassen
Research Director, Communication Technology
Simula.Research Laboratory
P.O.Box 134, NO-1325 LYSAKER, NORWAY

frank at simula.no