Underscores in method names

Nevin Pratt squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Oct 17 18:47:29 UTC 2002

Ned Konz wrote:

>On Thursday 17 October 2002 10:32 am, Nevin Pratt wrote:
>

>>However, GLORP uses a bunch of underscores in the method names,
>>which makes it a bit more difficult to come up with a quality
>>approach that will allow the Squeak port to easily track the GLORP
>>evolution.
>>

>I've just used a one-liner in Vim to translate similar sources from
>embedded-underscore to squeakStyle in the past:
>
>:g/_/s/\(\w\)_\(\w\)/\1\U\2/g

That's easy to do, but it would be nice if I didn't have to _redo_ it
with every new Glorp release.

It would also be nice if the Squeak Glorp port consisted only of some
files that needed to be filed in without running some kind of install
process over them first.  And preferably, only a single, small "*.cs"
file for the Squeak-specific stuff, and the rest of Glorp ran without
changes.  That's how the other ports are (for example, there is a
"GlorpVWPort.st", there's a "GlorpDolphinPort.pac", etc., for the
dialect-specific stuff for those respective dialects).

Nevin