How do I refresh list of available apps? ( Was: Re: [EXP] SpaghettiTracer 0.3 )

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri Oct 18 22:07:53 UTC 2002

Brent Vukmer <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:
> I just got SqueakMap and SMLoader.  It all looks GROOVY.  Kudos to
> Goran, Daniel, Doug and everybody else working on this.
Thanks.

> I found what seems like a bug. Daniel, it seemed necessary to me to open
> a new instance of your Loader class, to see the SpaghettiTracer in the
> list of entries..
You're right, it was a bug. Please update your SMLoader to 0.92 (you can
certainly just install it from itself), and then you should see an
additional menu item "update map from net". Then close the old SMLoader,
and open a new one.

I had two point releases as a result of your mail - found some more
small bugs.

This release includes various bug fixes, so you should test that, not
the old one.

> With SqueakMap, I tried clicking on "load updates" and "load full".  At
> some point I guess SpaghettiTracer got added to the list of entries, b/c
> I saw it in Squeak versions.../ Squeak 3.2  --- but not in Development
> Tools, Applications, or Class libraries.
Hmm, most categories are not mandatory, so you won't always find all
packages using all dimensions. However, I will also update the card for
SpaghettiTracer to include the Development Tools category...