[ANN] DVS rev. 1.28

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat Oct 19 06:18:14 UTC 2002

avi at beta4.com wrote:
> Daniel, if you're keeping multiple versions around, I strongly recommend using
> CVS (or some other SCM).  But that's somewhat beside the point.

Well, I probably will, but I'm trying to change my way of working in
phases, I don't want to move all the variables at once.

Renaming my system categories and thus using DVS for fileouts was pretty
easy, but it took a couple of hours to get the class extensions for the
RB. Now it's easy.
Posting code on the squeakfoundation ftp site took me a couple of
iterations to turn into a script (I seem not to have overwrite rights,
which is probably a good thing, but needs to be taken into account).
Registering the projects in SqueakMap is really trivial, but still took
an hour to do the first time.

I definitely wouldn't want to start with all of those in one weekend,
and I guesstimate setting up and learning to use CVS will not be as
trivial as those.

That said, I'm very very glad about every way in which I changed the way
I work, and yes, I probably will need a more sophisticated code store
than the squeakfoundation ftp site.

> Cheers,
> Avi

Daniel Vainsencher