[ANN] New Version of VI4 (block closures)

Tim Rowledge squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed Oct 23 16:54:15 UTC 2002

"Andrew C. Greenberg" <werdna at mucow.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Can anyone account for this remarkable increase in speed?
Yup. Better send/return performance due to having a linearized stack. No
copying of arguments. Eliot showed how dramatic the effect of
this can be in BrouHaHa way back in 87. PS & HPS do even
better.

Personally I feel there are some more improvements needing to be
completed before adopting this new code but it is very promising.
Anthony has done a very good job and we owe him a big round of beer
(or other appropriate drug of choice).

tim

The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers.  - Hamming