The Future of Dynapad (survey!)

Bijan Parsia squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Oct 24 16:16:27 UTC 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Norton, Chris wrote:

[snip]
> Maybe I'm not thinking clearly, but I think it would be nice to simulate
> these PDA machines from within Squeak.  The emulation code could probably
> even be turned into a VM plug-in, so it could have snappy performance.  :-)
[snip]

This is squeak. The dynapad images run just fine on a desktop vm. Download
and feel the joy. They're even nicely twincy. The only thing missing is
interaction with the pda evironment, which, if things are done 'right',
i.e., all in squeak :), isn't a problem.

Not need for fancy schmancy emulators!

What's trickier is making the pda apps well integrated with a regular
squeak image, as the UIs at least are fairly micro-optimized for the small
screen. but if you just want a virtual PDA, it's here today.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.