Swiki/Comanche help

Göran Hultgren squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Oct 24 22:17:42 UTC 2002

Hi!

Quoting Jason Dufair <jase at dufair.org>:
> Hi all -
>
> I want to run a swiki on my server - www.dufair.org.  The server is a
> RedHat 7.2-ish box with no monitor (located hundreds of miles from me).
>
>   It has no X11 at all.  Straight command line box.  Runs
> Sendmail/Apache/IMAPd, etc.
>
> I've downloaded and installed the Squeak VM and the ComSwiki image.  I
> can run it headless, but I don't know how to start the Swiki.  Is there
>
> any way to start it and have it run on port 8080, say, from the
> commandline?  Thanks!

Yes, there is. But I don't have it in my head. On the other hand you can easily
setup VNC and get a remote desktop running, find and install VNC and then I use
this to get the colors correct:

vncserver -geometry 1280x1024 -depth 15 -pixelformat RGB555 -dontdisconnect

..which fires up VNC server that acts like an X11 server.

And then connect to it using vncviewer. And from within the viewer you just
start Squeak as usual with UI.

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek