SqueakMap Package Loader ( PIE! need PIE! ) <:)

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri Oct 25 08:19:56 UTC 2002

Hi Les and all!

Les Tyrrell <tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> I'm not sure what is meant by "Traits", but one of the "fun" things I've

I actually found Nathanaels paper:
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~schaerli/research/publications/ECOOP2002Traits.
pdf

And it looks really cool and useful! I would say, hey, finally something
new that actually seems to be useful. :-)

> done in Oasis is develop tools to extract what I would call Role-Based
> interfaces.  And of course sandboxing has always been the most compelling

Sounds like it could be used to "find" Nathanael's Traits.

> reason for the effort I put into Oasis, with "namespaces" a very close
> second.
>
> I look forward to talking with folks at OOPSLA about possible
> collaboration/synergies with the present Squeak modularization efforts.
Me too.

regards, Göran