[ANN]SqueakMap RC1!

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri Oct 25 14:16:26 UTC 2002

"Magistrello Alejandro (SFA)" <magistra at TELEFONICA.COM.AR> wrote:
> Hi Göran and all,
>
> I´m not lucky today, can´t reach any SM server
>
> yes, used HTTPSocket>>useProxyServerNamed:port: to go out !

Hmmm, can you reach say "http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm" using
Scamper?

If that works then... Hmmm, try going directly to an ip then by editing
SMSqueakMap class>>initialize and adding the ip of map2 first:

ServerList _ #('213.80.63.113' 'map1.squeakfoundation.org'
'map2.squeakfoundation.org' 'map.squeak.org' 'map.bluefish.se'
'marvin.bluefish.se:8000')

And you could also try with commenting out the first 2 lines in
#pingServer: if you are having trouble with the DNS or something:

	"serverAddr _ NetNameResolver addressForName: (aServerName upTo: $:)
timeout: 5.
	serverAddr = nil ifTrue: [^false]."

> Best Regards
> Alejandro Magistrello