[GOODIE] DVSToSAR-nk

Avi Bryant squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed Oct 30 20:30:49 UTC 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Wednesday 30 October 2002 12:11 pm, Avi Bryant wrote:
>
> > Cool.  Presumably, however, packages distributed this way would
> > bypass the DVS fileIn mechanism... or is it smart enough to use the
> > FilePackageLoader if available?
>
> It would use the SMSARInstaller, and whatever that would do. Right
> now, it'll install it without DVS even being present.
>
> How could this be made to work with the DVS file-in mechanism, do you
> think? Could I add a member that would tag it as a DVS-compatible
> SAR?

What I should probably do is move the (very simplistic) logic that's
currently in the SMDVSInstaller into FilePackageLoader, so that you can do

FilePackageLoader fileIn: 'fileName.st.gz'
or (would SAR need this?)
FilePackageLoader fileInFromStream: aStream named: fileName

The it would be trivial for the install script in those .sar archives to
check for the existence of FilePackageLoader, and use it if it was there.
Right?