[BUG?]Upgrading 3.2 to 3.3alpha

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Sep 3 07:54:27 UTC 2002

Hi Anthony and all!

Anthony Hannan <ajh18 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> "Roger Vossler" <rvossler at qwest.net> wrote:
> > I'd be particularly interested in your thoughts about how block
> > closures, and a number of related
> > issues, are going to be integrated into Squeak and when.
>
> I am very close to releasing my next version of block closures which is
> now called VI4 indicating that it may include other image format
> changes, still to be determined.  This is a working forked version of
> Squeak that will stay up to date with the latest stable release

That sounds very good. Thank you for "hanging in there" so diligently.

It will be nice to both get full closures (though I must admit I haven't
personally really used such beasts, but it will be interesting to see
what they will bring) *and* better performance, as I seem to recall you
also obtained.

Now, Tim - what's the current status on this VI4 project?

regards, Göran