squeak hangs up during heavy networking operation

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Sep 4 05:12:59 UTC 2002

I see someone already suggested you try the 3.2-5 version.
But I think the changes went into 3.2-3, however you should try 3.2-5
first.

Ah, I'm not sure I've an imap server around here to test with, could I
get access to yours? Then again if you got a test suite  via SUnits
(one that creates the data needed via squeak doing the mail to populate
the server, then a test to read the data and produce the hang) then I
might look at setting up imap server on my freebsd box to facilitate
the testing.  However I should point out this will only prove issues
and or fixes with the unix version and the macintosh version, not the
windows version (which might be your ultimate target). Then again
bundling a easy to use test case might facilitate some of the windows
support folks in debugging your problem.

On Tuesday, September 3, 2002, at 01:42  PM, Yoel Jacobsen wrote:

> I download the Solaris version just to test it upon your
> recommendation directly from Ian Piumantra site. The link to the files
> I downloaded is:
> http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/unix/release/Squeak-3.2-
> 4.sparc-sun-solaris2.8.tar.gz
>
> The Win32 VM I'm using was compiled on May 26.
>
> Will it help if I submit my code? Will you be able to create a large
> enough dataset (several directories, at least 200 large messages)?
>
>    Thanks,
>
>        Yoel

> --
===