FFI on WinCE VM?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Sep 6 18:16:50 UTC 2002

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> > How hard would it be to get FFI working on the WinCE VM?
>
> How good is your working knowledge of Arm assembler and the WinCE ABI?!
>
> > I'm particularily interested in the Handheld PC 2000 VM ARM
> > (platform I'm using now) and the PocketPC ARM VMs.  Should FFI
> > be easy to get working in WinCE?
>
> See above. If you know what you're doing it's a matter of days (at
> most). When you have a specific target, all you need is a little bit of
> inline assembly code (see the Win32 and MacOS versions).

Alas.  I've no knowledge of ARM assembler nor of the WinCE ABI.  Hell, I
barely know what an ABI is.

I suppose it's time for me to learn how to write some plugins! Is that
possible on WinCE to have external .dll plugins, or do they have to be
internalized?

Thanks for the info!

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws"  :: m. l. king jr.