AI project: "world state" seems to be required.

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Sep 7 19:04:56 UTC 2002

On Saturday 07 September 2002 02:32 pm, Alan Grimes wrote:
> I have been looking at the possibility of using a raw paste-up
> morph without a world state. It doesn't appear to be viable because
> there doesn't appear to be a way to have the facility of hands and
> the control of time through the manipulation of the time stepping
> without it.

What's wrong with WorldState?

> Now that I know that I can obtain a copy of the screen without
> "ImageMorph" the necessity or utility of image morph is unclear.

So don't use one.

> My previous question about how to "start the clock" of world morph
> and cause it to function so that it can support normal squeak
> functionality (or some restricted version thereof) remains open.

I don't understand; the World already supports normal Squeak
functionality. Why do you feel it's not what you need?

> It must provide the AI with the ability to interract with sequeak
> software in a fairly ordinary manner as well as the ability to
> comumnicate with the user/teacher.
>
> The system will function through a system by which the AI will
> recive input from the screen and have the ability to move a mouse
> "hand" as well as type on an immaginary keyboard.

So read the World's/Display's bitmap (or Form) directly to see what's
being displayed.

For typing and moving the mouse, either use a RemoteHand, or use the
event playback hooks (see EventRecorderMorph and HandMorphForReplay).

No reason that I can see to change the World or WorldState.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com