Laptop suspending and network drives

Michael Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 11:39:03 UTC 2002

Hi,

I was playing within Squeak, on a win2k laptop, with an image I had shared over a network.  I then suspended the laptop, with Squeak running, and brought the machine back to life some time later.  I started to get primitive errors along the lines of write's failing.  This was a felt a bit odd for a while as I was only writing to the Transcript.  When I tried to save my image, however, I realised that it was probably due to suspending the machine and I was unable to save the image.  I tried to find a way of saving to the local drive but wasn't able to figure that out.  I didn't have anything particularly serious to lose to I quit the image.

I was wondering if this was a known issue, or has cropped up before?

It seems a bit of a daft thing to have done, in retrospect, but it would be nice to be able to fix this or have some work around.

Any thoughts much appreciated

Cheers

Mike