squeak redraw on ipaq after timeout

Scott Jaderholm scott at jaderholm.com
Thu Sep 12 00:12:41 UTC 2002

* Scott Jaderholm (scott at jaderholm.com) wrote:
> If I have squeak running on an Ipaq when the display timesout after so
> long of no use, then when I turn it back on squeak does not redraw.
> This is very troublesome as I'm writing an enduser app and they won't be
> able to go to the world menu and select redraw.  I am running Pocket PC
> 2002 on a color ipaq with 64mb of ram I think.  If it matters I'll check
> for model number when I get to work tomorrow.

model 3765

> Has anyone seen this?  I haven't tried the noGAPI VM yet because
> everything else works fine, it's just when the screen turns off.

I tried the noGAPI VM and that does not fix it.  I also tested to see if
it does not redisplay when I turn the screen off myself and found that
it does indeed not redisplay.

I am pondering having squeak just refresh every 5 seconds or so, but I
think that could be pretty annoying.

The other fix I'm thinking about is having one of the hardware buttons
do a refresh.

Unfortunately both of these fixes are pretty ugly for a commercial
enduser app.

Sincerely,
Scott