SqueakMap tommorrow?

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sun Sep 15 21:59:51 UTC 2002

Hey, Goran, all.

I think there are two, and only two, simple use cases that need to work,
for SqueakMap to become important.

They are very simple to implement.

1. I download my new image. Bring up the world menu>open, want the
RefactoringBrowser. Oops. Not there. Ok, world>open>download new brings
up a simple list of packages. Click to choose, wait, package loaded (I
only require this be able to d/l one cs.gz and file it in. Better
formats later).

The list can be implemented as a dynamic menu, or a plain PLM. But it
must get into the image, because *otherwise SqueakMap is completely
useless*.

No one will load a package to make it easier to load other packages. It
has to be included and on the World menu.

2. In the standard Browser, I choose the system category for my package
People-dvf-ModuleTools. Get the menu, choose "update package". Using
Avi's ModuleFiler, this category and it's related class extensions are
filed out into the local disk for safety, and the file gets uploaded
into an ftp server I preconfigured. The minimal questions come up that
SqueakMap needs to add/update it's entry.

Again, this must be in the standard browser, in the 3.2 images. For 3.3a
it will work in a similar manner *but we don't live in 3.3a yet*.

Comments anyone ?

Daniel