Linux plugin functional?

Tommy Thorn thorn at meko.dk
Mon Sep 16 22:37:10 UTC 2002

It seems my experience was somewhat different.  First my environment: an
old Linux installation (pre GLIBC_2.1.3) and Mozilla 1.1:

0. I unpacked the binary packages, but installed the plugins in
/usr/local/mozilla/plugins and squeak in ~/.mozilla/thorn/<something>/squeak

1. The compiled binaries wouldn't work because of the library issue so I
rebuild the squeak VM and the npsqueak.so glue.

2. It sort of seems to work, but the plugin test at
http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/%7Ebert/squeak/plugin/test/plugintest.html
ended up with an Error box: "Error: Error loading 'plugintest.sts'.
 However, pointing mozilla to
http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/%7Ebert/squeak/plugin/test/plugintest.sts
gave me a browser wide squeak window running the plugin, so it seems
that it doesn't get the prefix correctly.

I managed to get the world menu up, but after having loaded the latest
updates from server and save and quit, squeak seemed to have lost its
plugin awareness, so this apparently isn't the way to go about it.

/Tommy