SqueakMap tommorrow?

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Wed Sep 18 16:14:47 UTC 2002

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> Hi Daniel and all!

<...>

> Should we add a field (optional) for each package telling the minimal
> update level for it to work? If it is entered in the package and the
> client image is below that threshold we can throw up a simple warning to
> the user to go ahead on his/her own risk.

But not a warning too harsh:
If I'm releasing a package I'm sure that it works with my current update
level. Normally it should also work with a previous update level, but I'm
not willingly to test with older versions (which?, how far back?).

Triggered by this I have an idea: what about a hint to the user to update to
the current version before loading something with a higher update level?

Greetings,

Stephan

<...>

--