[ENH] RecursiveMutex (disregard RecursionLock)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Sep 20 15:13:26 UTC 2002

Stephan Rudlof <sr at evolgo.de> wrote:
> Lex Spoon wrote:
> <...>
>
> > Also, it's worth asking whether the existing classes have all the
> > methods that would be expected.  Sometimes I've wanted to completely
> > drain a semaphore, for example, and have had to resort to a loop.
>
> What about Semaphore>>initSignals?

Hmm,

	"Consume any excess signals the receiver may have accumulated."

That does sound like the thing.  :)  I'm not convinced it is
thread-safe, but what the heck.  Maybe it's as thread-safe as the
operation inherently is, anyway.  I missed it because of the name; it
sounds like an initialization method, not something that would be used
from outside.

Lex