squeak in a german version

Utta C. Hoffmann ucoff at honey-noney.de
Mon Sep 23 12:34:12 UTC 2002

dear specials and anyones of the squeakfondation,

i got your  e.mail from allen russell -
i was looking and am looking for a german squeak -version,
that i can use in schools( i'm teacher in arts und would like
to introduce kides in a crreative manner of computer handling.
so it would be nice, if i can get a hint from you!
thank you  a lot and in hope of a sign

utta

Guten Tag Utta!

Es tut mir leid, aber mein Deutsche ist nicht so gut, also ist dieses
email auf english :)

The menus, code and general interface to Squeak are only available in
English.  However the eToys component of Squeak (which is especially
designed for children) has been translated into a number of languages.

I don't know whether German is one of those languages, but there are
several German users of Squeak.  I suggest that you subscribe to the
Squeak email list and ask your question there; I'm sure many people will
be happy to talk to you.

Details about subscribing are at:

Cheers,

Russell

"Utta C. Hoffmann" <ucoff at honey-noney.de> wrote:
> dear allen russell,
>
> i was really inspired by the squeak -software and i really would
> spread it over several german schools, because what is going on
> in german schools is  a desaster -
> most of the teachers have no idea how to develop a creative,interactive
> handling with computers on kids,
> so that kids are only learning a very consumative  way of using the
> computer( badest learning software)
> i am also a teacher in arts and i think it's so necessary to show kids
> that they could play on a computer like on a piano -making compositions by
> their own.
>
> so my question is: is there any german version of squeak?
> If not, is it possible to create one?
> i guess for such a  translated version in european languages ( german
> french,spanish,italian)
> there will be a project budget  at European Institutions for to realize
> this...
> maybe it is just in work....
>
> yours sincerely
> utta c.Hoffmann