OOPSLA BOF scheduling

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Sep 26 16:27:59 UTC 2002

I agree that it might be nice to have the Squeak BOF at a different time this year, so it doesn't conflict with the Cincom/Gemstone event (and other BOFs which tend to be held on that most popular third evening of OOPSLA).  This would allow more people to attend the Squeak BOF, besides just the die-hards.

> My personal preference at this point is for Friday morning, 10:00 to 12:00.

I'm not sure about having it too late or early during the conference, though, a lot of people might not be there on Friday.

I'd suggest having it sometime during the middle three days of the conference.  Tuesday evening at 7:30pm would be my first choice... it's close to the middle of the week, and there doesn't seem to be much else going on then:

http://oopsla.acm.org/ap/files/day-5.html

Thursday evening could be another option, or possibly sometime during the day, but that might be tricky to fit into everyone's schedule.

- Doug Way