Yahoo archive truncated

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Sep 27 09:39:27 UTC 2002

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 08:08:49AM +0200, Karl Ramberg wrote:

> http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/mail/squeak.old/
> http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/mail/squeak/
> These archives are quite old. Maybe they can be retrofitted to
> the newer list archive at lists.squeakfoundation.org?

Adding older mails to the squeakfoundation archive is very simple
(Mailman stores a single unix-mbox file and it's possible to recreate
the html with the "arch" tool)

But we need the old posts to be in unix-mbox files... the html from
http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/mail/ ist pretty useless. And this archive
only contains files back to summer 99....

I just checked my mailarchive: It seems to contain mails sent
to me starting July 1998. But sorting 120MB bzip2 compressed mbox-mailboxes.
I'd need to write some script that rips out the mails from the Squeaklist...

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeakland.org