About a Flash Interface

Aaron J Reichow squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri Sep 6 21:43:25 UTC 2002

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Duane Maxwell wrote:

> At esug some people talked about the idea to use flash as a output for
> Smalltalk. Does anybody made an experience in that sense: generating
> Flash from Squeak?

I imagine that it's possible to generate and write Flash from Squeak as
well. You'd be stuck with version 3 features, of course.  There is a
FlashFileWriter class in Squeak- it's present in my 3.2 image, probably
before that too.  Not sure how to compose a Flash presentation
programatically, but where there's a will there's a way- perhaps look in
FlashFileReader and see how it composes a FlashMorph in Squeak, and work
from there.

Good luck!

Regards,
Aaron