Library management system

Bijan Parsia squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Sep 9 12:51:56 UTC 2002

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> Hi Sofie and all!
>
> Sofie Goderis <sgoderis at vub.ac.be> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone knowledge of an existing (book)library management system written
> > in Squeak or Smalltalk?
>
> I see that you haven't got many replies to your question and since I
> think it's your first post here I thought you deserve some answer at
> least! :-)
[snip]

Indeed.

If what you want is a *reference manager* along the lines of ProCite,
there is Biblio333. It's a bit old (but works in VisualWorks 3.0). I did a
port of the functionality to squeak, but haven't finished dealing with the
UI so it's languishing on SOME hard disk somewhere :)

The engine is kind of interesting in how it builds a record/field/matching
system but I suspect it's superceded by the various OOBs emerging.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.