Delay between posting and receiving on this list

Brian T Rice squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed Sep 11 05:12:24 UTC 2002

Hi Alain,

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Alain Fischer wrote:

> It seem this is not the case for everybody on the list.
> Did someone else see also this strange behavior or is it just me ?

I have sometimes not seen my replies to the list show back up in my IMAP
account for *days*, but normally it ranges from an hour to 7 or so hours.
At one point, my email address had a period after my middle initial, which
a friend pointed out would cause a mail-handler to choke on. However, even
after "fixing" this, delays still occurred occasionally.

My two cents,
~