Smalltalk Bot

Jon Hylands squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Sep 12 20:37:12 UTC 2002

At Thursday, 12 September 2002, you wrote:

>If you want to run an embedded Smalltalk, you probably want to stick
>to the 32-bit processors (Pocket Smalltalk supports the 68332
>processor and similar; others expect a 32-bit address).

I'll bet you could fairly easily port Pocket Smalltalk to run on
an MRM (http://www.robominds.com/) - its a 68332 set up as an embedded
board, has lots of I/O, half a meg of FLASH and half a meg of RAM,
and costs about $125 USD with that memory.

I will be (eventually) running Squeak on an Axis embedded single-
board computer, but thats getting out of the micro-controller world
and into a full-blown computer-on-a-chip.

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com