glyphs form -> new StrikeFont?

Jim Rosenberg squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun Sep 15 17:25:22 UTC 2002

Let's say I have a form which is suitable for use as the glyphs instance
variable of a StrikeFont. (Basically, I've screen-captured a font from
another system in one fell swoop.) I want to convert this into a real
StrikeFont. This seems like it should be pretty straightforward, but from
among FontSet, TextStyle, and StrikeFont it seems there's a lot to learn
about. I have to compute the xTable, but this looks pretty simple. From
there I have to do all the linking to really install it as a new font.

StrikeFont>>readFromBitFont and FontSet class installAsTextStyle look like
the places to start reading, but if anyone has some suggestions on how to
shortcut this process I'm all ears. If I can avoid having to reinvent the
wheel I certainly would rather ...

---
 Jim Rosenberg                      http://www.well.com/user/jer/
     WELL: jer