Where is the code for this ?

Ned Konz squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu Sep 19 22:00:47 UTC 2002

On Thursday 19 September 2002 06:32 am, Albert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>             I am seeking your help on finding some code. I am doing
> a project that will add a handle to the halo. In doing so I have
> been browsing the code for the "dismiss" handle.
>

> I need help in finding the code where the forms that "make up" the
> handles are drawn.

> The above "finds" the form for the dismiss handle, However can
> anyone tell me where the code is that actually creates/draws this
> form?

It's drawn in ImageMorph. It's drawn with the regular bottom-up=20
drawing that Morphs do, because the HaloMorph is structured=20
conventionally and is usually transparent (and so doesn't do too much=20
in its own drawOn: method).

The structure of the HaloMorph is:

HaloMorph
=09NameStringInHalo
=09EllipseMorph
=09=09ImageMorph -- which holds (a copy of?) the Form you found earlier.
=09EllipseMorph
=09=09ImageMorph (another handle)
=09...

but you probably don't need to know where it's drawn if you're making=20
your own handle.

HaloMorph>>addHandles is where I'd start looking...

--=20
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com
GPG key ID: BEEA7EFE