Crash Dump from 3D morph

Boris Gaertner squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue Sep 24 04:35:08 UTC 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:58:34 -0400, Jon Hylands <jon at huv.com> wrote:

>>Update...

>>So, I opened one of the B3D demo viewers that come with the B3D Tutorial
on
>>the Swiki, and it seemed to work okay, so I tried mine again, and it
>>magically (without changing a single line of code) started working
again...
>>  ... Crash dump appended ...

Hello Jon,

I had sometimes the impression, that B3D crashes under some circumstances
when triangles are used.
I am now in a hurry, this evening (european time) I will write a more
detailed statement, but for now, can you please try this:

In  B3DSimpleMeshFile>>renderOn:

renderOn: aRenderer
 ^aRenderer drawPolygonAfter:[
  aRenderer normal: self normal.
  1 to: self size do:[:i| (self at: i) renderOn: aRenderer].
  " inserted code starts here "
  self size = 3
      ifTrue: [(self at: 1) renderOn: aRenderer.
   " end of insertion "
 ].

The insertion closes the triangle and I had once the impression that this
*may* help. Could you please tell me what is your result when you try
this change?

Greetings and until later this day.
Boris