Newbie looking for UI for MVC

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue Sep 24 09:15:06 UTC 2002

Hi!

"Bagus Mahawan" <iwan at a-vip.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a 'very' newbie in squeak/smalltalk so please forgive me.

All are welcome.

> I'm looking for a kind of UI widgets such as a listbox, checkbox, etc in
> MVC, and I've been searching in the web but couldn't find them yet so far.
> I don't want to use Morphic since it's too big/slow in my PC.

Just out of curiosity - what PC do you have? CPU? RAM?

> Are they any kind of listbox, checkbox classes in MVC ?
> How do you make a checkboxes, listboxes and other widgets in MVC (not in
> Morphic) ?

Hmmm, MVC in Squeak is still alive but it is really not very much
maintained since most of us don't use it anymore.
There are others here that can give you better answers about MVC than I
can.

> Is there any mailing list for squeak beginners ?

Nope!:-) You are very much welcome here.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> regards,
>
> Iwan

regards, Göran