[Request] Auto scrolling squeak world (was [Enh]Auto Scroll)

Ned Konz squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri Sep 27 13:07:18 UTC 2002

On Friday 27 September 2002 04:08 am, Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com=20
wrote:
> When one uses Squeak on a machine with 1024x768 and have some
> morph's at the bottom right corner of the screen he's/she's
> not able to access them on a machine with a smaller screen
> (800x600). It's the same problem if you work full screen with
> Squeak and change to the smaller window mode later.
>
> Maybe the standard world background is modified to have
> the AutoScroll functionality, so if we move the mouse to
> the squeak windows border region it is checked if the
> world is larger.
>
> What do you all think?

I'd like to use this with Connectors; I'll take a look at it. I think=20
ideally there'd be some kind of automatically-appearing widget=20
(scroll bar(s), etc.) that would give the user some kind of=20
indication that there were morphs outside the visible area.
Maybe a little icon could be drawn in the corners (in a subclass, of=20
course) indicating the off-screen presence of things. I'll look at it=20
when I have some free cycles (I actually have a consulting gig now=20
and am trying to beat a very close deadline).

--=20
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com
GPG key ID: BEEA7EFE