[FIX] SortedCollectionFix-sr

Stephan Rudlof squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri Sep 27 15:02:47 UTC 2002

Andreas Raab wrote:
<...>

Same thing for Celeste - it is possible to
> break the invariant in the creation method and whoever wrote that method
> might as well not have used a SortedCollection to begin with. After all,
> what's the point in using a class with a specific invariant if the first
> thing you do is to break it?! Show me that it's slow and I'll show you
> how to make it fast ;-)

Celeste seems a non brainer to me, since the method
  IndexFile>>readFrom: aStream messageFile: messageFile
reads from a Stream generated by reading in a file (btw: it is readed in
entirely and then there is made a ReadStream on its contents...).

Greetings,

Stephan

<...>