TTY Morph

Bert Freudenberg squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat Sep 28 20:20:44 UTC 2002

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Ian Piumarta wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
> > Yes, I usually use tcsh. I'll try that. Though, when I use xterm or ssh
> > into the box the terminal type is correct. But I must admit I have no idea
> > how the terminal type is communicated to the shell.
>
> xterm sets it in the environment before forking the shell.  So I guess
> another answer to your question would be: set TERM=xterm in the
> environment of the Squeak process before spawning the shell.  (OSPP can
> probably do this.)

It might be a better idea to extend PseudoTTY with a
#command:arguments:environment: call that would more closely resemble
the execve() system call. One might want to use PPTYP w/o OSPP.

By the way: OSPP includes a security check so it is not doing harm in a
browser plugin context. Is there something similar in PPTYP? Should there
be?

-- Bert