ECOOP Tutorial, Worksheet1B - problem in Windows 2000

Alex Peake squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Sep 30 15:34:15 UTC 2002

I have been working through the tutorial (ECOOP Tutorial, Worksheet1B).

When building the Roladex, I get to the "eye" handle and get the "miscellaneous" script menus. I
drag it into the desktop. However, clicking on the up and down arrows mostly does nothing. It starts
with "send to back", and very occasionally I see "send to backt" and if I select the text it becomes
"Bring to front". Sometimes I see "GIF file" and once I saw "BMP file". Every once in a while a
large (two page) menu pops up. I select "serach for text" (the tutorial selection) and I get the
"GIF file" selection. I cannot consistently get the menu. I think something is broken?

Alex