Squeak Xbox port

Swan, Dean Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Wed Apr 2 03:01:07 UTC 2003

Look at the original "It's Not a Game" post.  If it's just an April fool's joke, then somebody went to quite a bit of effort to hack up photos of Squeak with a torn apart X Box.  I've read some other posts elsewhere about hacking the X Box, so I don't think this was a hoax.

All they're doing is replacing the default Microsoft BIOS ROM with their own FLASH, and from that point on it's basically a PC.  Make a bootable Linux CD, and that's about the end of the story.

Keep in mind that the poster wasn't talking about Squeak booting on an un-hacked X Box.  That would require someone to pay the X Box tax to Microsoft, but it's still technically feasible.  I suspect (but I don't know for sure) that most X Box games run on some version of WinCE for x86.

				-Dean