[ENH] OptionalWarningForMacOSFileNameLength-dgd

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Apr 2 17:59:24 UTC 2003

Hi, I'll point out this isn't quite correct. The check is for

Preferences warningForMacOSFileNameLength and: [nameToUse size > 31]

Technically the check should be

Preferences warningForMacOSFileNameLength and: [nameToUse size >
FileDirectory default class maxFileNameLength]

Although somehow I think you could remove the Preferences
warningForMacOSFileNameLength since it could be a generic check for
file name size violations based on the underlying file name size rules.
Right now all platform specific paths names are 255, excluding the
classic mac file path names. But you never know if someone will
introduce a platform say with 64 character restrictions. This would
make this a generic check versus a mac specific preference.

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 06:47  AM,
<diegogomezdeck at consultar.com> wrote:

> Hi guys...
>
> I made optional (via a preference option) the warning about the file
> name
> length for MacOS in file-out operations.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Diego Gomez Deck
>

> <OptionalWarningForMacOSFileNameLength-dgd.1.cs.gz>

===