[ENH] OptionalWarningForMacOSFileNameLength-dgd

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Wed Apr 2 18:46:26 UTC 2003

Hi John,

This check (file name length greater than 31) is in the image before my
change.

I assume the warning is to avoid problems transferring files between
platforms. (See the specific error message in this method).

The check could be:

   Preferences warningForFileNameLength and: [(FileDirectory allSubclasses
collect:[:each | each maxFileNameLength]) anySatisfy:[:each | nameToUse
size > each]]

and the error message could be:

  (nameToUse , '\has ' , nameToUse size asString , ' letters - too long for
some OS.\Suggested replacement is:')

What do you think?

Diego