[BUG ] Weakness weakness in 3.6alpha ClassBuilder ( [cd][et] very naive fix )

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Wed Apr 2 22:32:19 UTC 2003

>From the preamble:

>From Squeak3.6alpha of ''17 March 2003'' [latest update: #5174] on 2 April 2003 at 5:30 pm'!
"Change Set:		ValidateSubclassFormatFix
Date:			2 April 2003
Author:			Brent Vukmer

Following Tim Rowledge's hint, I put added a little bit of 'typeOfClass' logic to ClassBuilder>>validateSubclassFormat:from:forSuper:extra:.  Actually, I put the logic inside a new method: ClassBuilder>>validateSubclass:canKeepLayoutFrom:forSubclassFormat:.  If the subClass is 'weak' and the superclass is 'variable', then the ClassBuilder should proceed with its bidness.

Other changes:
--I cleaned up the formatting of validateSubclassFormat:from:forSuper:extra
--I got rid of an extra iteration over the collection of subclasses for the 'oldClass'

Test plan:
--Open the browser on Array
--Create a space inside the class definition pane, then delete the space, then hit Alt-s