A naive question about the speed optimization of anthony

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Apr 3 00:20:53 UTC 2003

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
> > 1. Compatible code changes to 3.4's Contexts, fixing existing bugs, and
> > required to support -
> I've only tested the first version that didn't need the SmaCC code and
> it looked like a good start to me. I'm not personally going to try the
> SmaCC related version until it seems there is an agreement about the
> licensing issues that appear to be in the way. It would not be an awful
> thing to include the required prims in the VM code since they don't get
> in the way of anything else so far as I can see. At least it would make
> testing easier for non-VM makers.

Agreed. But the compiler stuff I covered in 2. Here I'm referring to the
recently posted subset of that work titled ContextCleanup. I am not
aware of licensing issues preventing their inclusion, we just need the
established document, review, test process (addressed to whomever it may
concern, not you specifically, Tim).

It actually seems to have a good start at documentation, that a reviewer
might be able to complete.

Daniel