[Q] What Collection should I use

Chris Burkert christian.burkert at s2000.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Apr 3 16:48:24 UTC 2003

Hello

I have to remember some Objects. Each of them is referenced by a key.
The Objects can be 'enabled' or 'disabled' but they shouldn't know about
this state, nor about the key, so I didn't want to put this information
inside of the objects. My wish is like swapping objects in and out.

First I thought of having two Collections, one with the enabled objects
and one with the disabled.

Then I thought of putting all objects in one Dictionary and access them
by two MappedCollections of enabled and disabled objects but AFAIK those
MappedCollections cannot grow or shrink.

Do you have a good idea? Is there a fast way of swapping and accessing them?

thanks
            Chris Burkert
Student of applied Computer Science at Chemnitz University of Technology
      http://www.chrisburkert.de/            chris at chrisburkert.de