Porta-Squeak

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 3 23:39:43 UTC 2003

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:

> Ah, got to ask Tim, if this is using the globals as a structure logic,
> & the global register logic? given this is all ARM stuff?
Since the M$ compiler doesn't so far as I know allow global register
variables I doubt it would work. I suspect that using the globals struct
_without_  having a global register to point to it would actually slow
down the ARM based winCE machines - it certainly did on my Acorn. But
there's nothing except a little work and a conversation with me stopping
anyone from trying it out. It was worth 20+% on Acorn.

tim
"Yummy," said Pooh, as he rotated Piglet slowly on the spit.