SqueakMap project visability

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Fri Apr 4 08:09:11 UTC 2003

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> Marco Paga <mail at marco-paga.de> wrote:

>>>Maybe this is because you use 3.4gamma? The Package loader
>>>only shows the packages that are registerd for specific
>>>versions (in this case 3.4, 3.5, 3.6). Maybe 3.4gamma is
>>>not recognized as 3.4?
>>
>>it must be the package loader of 3.4gamma. I worked aorund with every possible
>>configuration, but my package seems not to be there.
>

> Eh, are you sure? I mean, *really* sure? :-) The reason I ask is because
> I see it but I *did* have to look for it - since it is called
> "SPrevayler" instead of "Sprevayler" it sorts itself right after "SM
> Package Loader".

Since you raised this, could we improve the sorting in the next version? :)

I've never understood sorting algorithms that take case into account.
Well, ok, I won't go that far... perhaps there are occasions when case
is significant, but in most cases why would I want 'ABcdef' to come
*after* 'Azyxw' ?

Julian