[Q] Network IM and Jabber

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Fri Apr 4 15:49:26 UTC 2003

Michael Rueger wrote:
> Brian Brown wrote:
>
>> Well, I guess it'll be a lot harder than I'd hoped, but it'll be fun and
>> educational... I've had a lot of experience with Jabber protocols, and
>> helped
>> implement a very nice python library for it... http://www.runeblade.com
>

> The stuff you found is way outdated. I started on a newer version and
> also have some code done by niko.schwarz at gmx.net sitting on my hard
> drive. It's hard to believe, but I just this morning finally got back to
> looking at the different versions again to make something usable out of it.
> I will thow together what I have and it would be great to work with you
> and Niko on a nice implementation :-)

I'm not sure how much time I'll have any time soon, but I did a fair bit
of work on a Ruby Jabber library (that I never quite finished - got
really annoyed at some of the intricacies of parsing the jabber
protocol).  But it would be very cool to have a good jabber library in
squeak so I'll see if I have any time to contribute.  I'll certainly
help test and provide feedback.

Julian