KCP looking for external reviewers

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Apr 5 19:35:00 UTC 2003

In message <BED6F08E-6771-11D7-9AAF-000393B2AA24 at iam.unibe.ch>
          Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> I was thinking that this was what the people wanted because having a
> bigger granularity will help us to go faster but may make the harvested
> more difficult.
> That's why we did it like that but we can change this.
I suspect that we could handle larger granularity if there was some
conversation during the process of making the changes. That way there
would be some decent context for the decisions and changes made
_already_ in the reviewer's head. You might even get some useful help
out of it.

I know some people (perhaps most of us?) like to go away and hide, do
magical things and then stagger out of their cave to present a
miraculous artifact to us all, in the hope and expectation that we will
all gasp in admiration. Sometimes that even works but to be honest when
it is code we are all supposed to share and understand and use it's
about as useful as a chocolate teaspoon. Conversations with as many
people as possible with an interest in the subject usually results in
something better in the end if only because there is a larger number
of people cheering for the project. Isn't that one of the advantages of
open software in the first place?

tim
Choose variable names that will not be confused.