[ANN] Karel's World registered on SqueakMap, uploaded to Squeakland-BSS

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Apr 6 18:40:41 UTC 2003

On Sunday 06 April 2003 11:32 am, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> Hi ned
>
> I'm trying to understand how this is really working.
> I tried to understand how the collision with the wall is done so I
> looked at move. I do not understand obtrudes
> How can I see its definition.

You can look at a script that uses it, and check the checkbox so you
see the text view. Then just do a browse implementors of the

> Then the flag for drag and drop of the bot are false but I can
> still drag it

The drag'n'drop flag affects whether you can drop things onto it or
into it.

> Then how do you define the fact that a drop of a bot or item fall
> on a cross, I could not find it.

The robot appears to drop on the crosses because I have gridding
turned on in the playfield, and have set the starting point of the
32x32 grid at 16x16. So when the upper left corner of the bot aligns
itself with the point at the center of a visible grid square, it
looks like the center of the bot is on a cross.

We're not so lucky with the Beeper morphs. Since they're SketchMorphs,
they ignore gridding altogether. I was considering making a subclass
that aligns its center with the grid, though.

> For a beeper I saw that you have a script running seeIf...isOnTop

Yes. It's a bit of a hack but it works.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com