[Q] Reading a directory of images...

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Tue Apr 8 20:47:53 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 08 April 2003 01:17 pm, Avi Bryant wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Brian Brown wrote:
> > I used the following code in a workspace to read in a directory of GIF
> > files and put them in the ImageImports collection... I read through the
> > Swiki and FileList2 to figure out how the "Import" button worked...
> >
> > Unfortunately, the images seems a bit corrupted... Is there some other
> > way I should do this?
>
> What do you mean by corrupted?
> Does the same corruption happen when you just load one of the files at a
> time?

If I import them, they are still corrupted - for example, I'm working with gif
images that have  no transparencies, but certain pixel values are transparent
once I try to use them from ImageImports (displaying them on web page via
Seaside code). If I open vs. Import it looks ok. Also, Imported images with
text in them will have the edges of the text become noisy, but opening them
one at a time looks fine within the image. Looking at them in a browser
before importing them shows them to be correct.

It's as if certain pixel values are translated incorrectly, but I'm not too
good at manuipulating an image yet from within Squeak.