[ANN][VM][Win32] 3.4.3 VM available

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Apr 8 21:57:12 UTC 2003

Hi Guys,

I've just updated the Win32 VM to 3.4.3. This release has only one change
which is mostly of interest for any kind of pen-based device (aka: Tablet
PC). The release supports getting "as many mouse events as possible" from
the OS in order to support smooth drawing, gesture recognition and the like.
In order to be able to do this, I have added support for DirectInput which
allows us to get those events even if Squeak is in some sort of "busy loop"
(I tested this against manually invoking GCs and it works really well ;-)

As usual, the new VM is up at sourceforge.net:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5506&release_id=15170
9

(I should add that unless you're using the Tablet PC there is probably no
reason for you to update if you're running a relatively recent VM).

Cheers,
  - Andreas