dead entities (was "Monticello status")

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Apr 9 08:42:55 UTC 2003

Craig Latta <craig.latta at netjam.org> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > Working with dead entities... Sounds like something out of
> > Frankenstein. Is there a scenario where we could eventually work with
> > all living entities? :)
>
> 	Sure. Squat, for example, uses live synchronization between conversing
> systems.

I started playing a little with Magma yesterday and I sure look forward
into doing more of that. I would guess that building a team development
tool using Magma would be simply wonderful. Working with a real
transactional object space á la GemStone is truly fantastic.

If you have never tried it you *really* should. Going back to other
means of persistance after having used a good OODB just makes you want
to cry.

But I don't think Magma can store blocks yet but AFAIK Chris has that
planned when Anthony's stuff arrives.

regards, Göran